Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful for Chik-fil-a

I started my Chik-fil-a training last friday, and today I'll work my first full shift at the grand opening of the new store just down the road. There were 75 people camped out in front of the store by 8:00 yesterday morning to be one of the first 100 in the door - each of whom will get free chik-fil-a for a year (52 meals). It was 34 degrees and raining most of the day!

Most people who hear that I'm working at Chik-fil-a would likely feel sorry for me. After all, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, why should I take orders at a fast food restaurant for 8$ an hour? Well, as a full time student, this is the job that God has blessed me with, and far from feeling sorry for myself, there are many reasons why I am thankful and pleased to have this job. And no, I'm not just seeking for ways to convince myself to be thankful so that I'll feel better. Praise God for making me content in all circumstances! Here are a few reasons why I'm thankful:
  1. CFA trains and expects employees to treat customers with honor, dignity, and respect. My boss explicitly says that our goal is service from the heart (He's a christian). I need all of the practice in serving others that I can get!
  2. CFA's corporate purpose is to glorify God, and the way they do business is a reflection of this purpose.
  3. I work with a lot of other seminary students, which makes for a really encouraging enviorment.
  4. A lot of people don't have a job right now, including many people with far more credentials than I. Right now, Meg and I have all that we need, and we trust God to provide for us in the future, according to His wisdom.
  5. Free Chik-fil-a 3 times a week.
  6. Megan likes the way I look in my uniform :)

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Getting free Chik-Fil-A every week is worth it! And we're assuming that also means free Dr. Pepper! We were very humbled as we went through seminary on food stamps and Medi-care. We learned just how important 'face' was to us and just how fleeting it can be.

Miss you guys. We got to hang out with Lucia and Andy today, they miss you guys too. Hope all is well.