Friday, May 29, 2009

Squirrels

Our apartment complex is squirrel central. Over the past few months we've had two interesting run ins with these ridiculous animals. Last fall, I was studying at my desk and I heard a knock on the door. I answered the door and no one was there. I looked down and saw a nut in front of the door, and when I looked down the stairs there was a squirrel sitting at the bottom of the landing. It appeared as if the squirrel knocked on my door to give me a nut. I think what probably happened is that the squirrel carried his nut up the stairs and starting banging on our door to try to open the nut.

Yesterday, Megan walked in the door mid-morning and there was a squirrel sitting on the stove. She naturally flipped out and ran out of the kitchen. Then she got her courage up and went back in, just in time to see the squirrel scamper back through the hole it bit in the screen and jump back on to the roof. It ate a hole in the cereal box and was starting on the plastic bag. It also started eating a hole in the coffee bag. Needless to say, we will be leaving that window closed from now on.

1 comments:

SarahRachel said...

That story about the acorn at your door is hilarious. I feel like that story is waiting to be used in a Young Life talk or sermon- I'm just not sure how. ;-) And Megan is WAY braver than I am. I think I would've run out of the house screaming. =)